Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook only working on WiFi?

Options
  • 02-11-2015 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    Hopefully someone on here can help me out
    I have a One Plus One that I'm using on the Vodafone network... Recently my Facebook app has stopped updating on 3GG, it will only update when connected to WiFi, also messenger won't send/receive pictures on 3G only on WiFi and I can't send MMS messages. All other apps, internet, e-mail etc. are running fine.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Seems like a general issue with your 3G, not Facebook.

Did you buy it from China or somewhere in Ireland ? I'd say your best bet is to take it to Vodafone to see if they can have a look at any settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Maybe it's set so that it only syncs/gets notifications when connected to wifi, as either a power saving attempt or avoid data costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Are you sure its really on 3G?
    One Plus One only supports 4G on Three and thus phone won't have an active data connection.

There might be a setting on your phone to set the network connection from 4G to 3G/2G.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Ernie12

Hi,
    Both my son and myself have lgg3 phones, having this same problem with 2 weeks, have made numerous calls to vodafone but nothing resolved. Its crazy!! Have phones with months. And never had problems before. Would love to know how many people are having this issue??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭rameire

having the same issue with facemuck for the last two updates.
    only works on wiffy
    does not work on 3/4g.
    if you look at the app reviews, its seems alot of people are having the same problem.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement
Advertisement