Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying house in Ennis

Options
  • 02-11-2015 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Looking to purchase starter home in Ennis .....looking at a house in dromard estate ....I would like everyone s view ? Thanking you all in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Hi
    I know that estate very well and it's a nice quiet estate with the exception of one particular family who have been causing a lot of anti social behaviour recently

The behaviour appears to be mostly affecting the immediate neighbours of this family though and the gardai are well aware of the difficulties

The people who I know who live in the estate have not been directly affected by the family but you should probably be aware of the issue.

Personally, there are a number of houses currently for sale in that estate and I would not be put off from buying them because of this.

http://clareherald.com/2015/09/bailed-teenager-sought-after-ennis-incidents-73409/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Deagol

That one family are well known through out Ennis as serious trouble. I would avoid that estate personally as I expect it won't be long before they attract more undesirables.

Lots of houses in the estate are rented also so how long before decent folk move out and more of that ilk appear? Just one man's opinion...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but this is pretty relevant. I have also been looking at Dromard to buy. It seems like a nice area. I’m just wondering is this still a problem? I googled the address and a lot of local news reports came up which is never a good sign but they were all sourcing back to the same names causing the trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Deagol

zig wrote: »
    Sorry to bring up an old thread, but this is pretty relevant. I have also been looking at Dromard to buy. It seems like a nice area. I’m just wondering is this still a problem? I googled the address and a lot of local news reports came up which is never a good sign but they were all sourcing back to the same names causing the trouble.

EDIT: Was thinking of wrong place. That family are gone are as far as I know.

Advertisement