Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 weeks off the fags

Options
  • 02-11-2015 2:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Words of encouragement for anyone who's trying to give up, I was a professional smoker for 15 years, couldn't even last one day off them in my few attempts if giving up.

Have managed to stay off them for 2 weeks with the help of an ecig and know I wont go back!

What worked for me so far is, I smoked. So much , 25 a day I ended up hating them , disliking myself for smoking and wasting all my income smoking.should have done years ago
    If I can do it ......
    Will keep yas posted

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

Words of encouragement for anyone who's trying to give up, I was a professional smoker for 15 years, couldn't even last one day off them in my few attempts if giving up.

Have managed to stay off them for 2 weeks with the help of an ecig and know I wont go back!

What worked for me so far is, I smoked. So much , 25 a day I ended up hating them , disliking myself for smoking and wasting all my income smoking.should have done years ago
    If I can do it ......
    Will keep yas posted

Fair play - pretty much the same boat myself - 2 weeks and 2 days in. It's tough going.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭outland1985

Fair play - pretty much the same boat myself - 2 weeks and 2 days in. It's tough going.

Well done just over 3 weeks off, using ecig.....defo won't go back its nice to have money again, keep it going!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

Well done just over 3 weeks off, using ecig.....defo won't go back its nice to have money again, keep it going!

Thanks - I've gone cold turkey - no replacement therapy - its tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭lostboy75

Been off them since the start of the year, it's very do able. Used the gum, only off the gum about a month and now chewing airwaves like they are doing any good? Dint know what that's about? Replacement therepy.
    Most of the time it's all fine no bother, then at completely random times mad cravings, but they don't last long.
    I have 'quit' numerous times, usually get to about three months and then 'quick craving + access to a cig + one will be fine = all undone'.
    Have done this more times than I care to think about.
    Good luck to everyone,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Well done and keep up the good work. I've stopped smoking during the week by going cold turkey. Was hard at the start but I've got myself into the routine now where I know I won't have one. However, my only weakness is the weekends when I'm having a drink. I'll easily smoke 20+ cigarettes, it's almost as if I'm making up for lost time. This is the next hurdle for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭outland1985

Well done everyone, I'm a month off now and going strong , don't think ill ever go back (fingers crossed) enjoying having the extra money

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

A professional smoker op what collage did you go to?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

A professional smoker op what collage did you go to?

The one with all the tiny bits of paper glued to it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

endacl wrote: »
    The one with all the tiny bits of paper glued to it.

Smelling of bull also?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Smelling of bull also?

Which post went farther over your head? The OP's, or mine?

:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement