Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any puzzle solvers?

Options
  • 02-11-2015 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭

S6 Edge suddenly decided it no longer wanted to pick up any network signal about a week ago. Had been working fine for weeks. No calls, no texts, no data. Searching a network just says "Unable to connect. Try again later'.

I checked APN and tried to connect to any available network. Nothing.
    I got and activated a new SIM. No change.
    Factory reset. No change.

Here's where it gets puzzling. Brought it in to the Three store on Henry St. The guy there swapped SIM cards with his phone, so we could narrow down whether the problem was with my phone or my SIM.

When his SIM went into my phone, it immediately picked up 4G and started buzzing with notifications. Grand. But at the same time, when my SIM went into his phone, it also connected to the network straight away and his phone started receiving all the SMS I'd been sent in the past few days.

So, the phone and the SIM both work perfectly independently. But when put together nothing happens. Does anyone have any ideas how this could be? I'm going to bring it to a Samsung dealer to get it sorted but I'm curious to hear if anyone has any idea what's going on in the meantime?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Have you removed and inserted your original SIM from your phone a number of times?

Is it possible that the one time it was in your phone, it wasn't seated properly, so when it was put into another phone, it worked immediately.

Seems like the only plausible solution to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭kodistar

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Have you removed and inserted your original SIM from your phone a number of times?

Is it possible that the one time it was in your phone, it wasn't seated properly, so when it was put into another phone, it worked immediately.

Seems like the only plausible solution to me.

Hi there
    It could be that you need a new nano sim for your phone male sure you also have all latest updates on your phone installed defo sounds like it's a sim error,if you can try another S6 phone in 3 store if it works on that could be a problem with S6 you have it should still be under warranty so send it back to them.They should fix free of charge if it a manufacturer fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭JoyPad

The Three rep should have offered a replacement SIM card, which is free of charge. Activate it and presto, you're back online.

Advertisement