Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Third Party email template integration

Options
  • 01-11-2015 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi,

Folks just wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.

I'm looking a sending an email with an activation link in it after a successful registration on my website.

I was hoping to use a third party site the would allow me to create a template, and then send the parameters etc by using a service / api provided by the third party website.

I have been looking at mail chimp, but from what i can see i don't think above is possible. Just wondering if anyone knows of a site that provides a service like this.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Would MailChimp's Mandrill service work?

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭TheWaterboy

+1 for Mandrill

Though you will need to create the template yourself.

If it is a simple activation email then that is easy enough.

There are plenty of other players out there also such as Mailjet, Postmarkapp etc

• Registered Users Posts: 49 EdenStudios

Would CampaignMontor work here? I've always found it easier to use than MailChimp.

I tend to build my own templates but they have a few ready to go options available depending on your requirements.
    Or a good web developer could use the Mandarill API and custom build something for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Mandrill is great for default WordPress email notifications, I've noticed an increase in delivery rate from WordPress notices in Gmail/GApps.

For email marketing I'm moving from MailChimp to ActiveCampaign, they have some really nice automation features with tagging. It's a bit of a learning curve at the start but seems to be well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kgarvey

If you really want to get the most for your money search Codecanyon.net for MailWizz and setup your own autoresponder service it has alot of the features of ActiveCampaign (mentioned above) and alot more. You can integrate Mandrill, Sendgrid, Mailjet or any SMTP service.

This script should cost alot more than it does.... Go check it out

• Advertisement
Advertisement