Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wellies for a toddler

Options
  • 01-11-2015 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    I need to get wellies for my little guy. Any recommendations? He is due to get feet measured but the shoes he is wearing at the mo are a size 7g in startrite.
    I will bring him in with me when I am buying them ;) I would prefer to get him ones from a shoe shop as opposed to next/m and s etc as he has broad feet! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I got a pair in dunnes. I figure they don't get as much wear as shoes so I didn't want to spend more than a tenner. I had to size down as they're naturally big fitting so perhaps they'd be ok? My little one is in a wide foot shoe also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I got my lad a pair of light up monster wellie in Heatons in a size7. He's very proud of them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I just went into our local shoe shop for my small lady because she's only a size 4.5e so wanted lighter ones: My 3 year old (size 9.5h) has Sofia ones from Tesco and they are much heavier so clunkier if that makes sense? Both were under €15... And both keep out the water from the muddy puddle they love jumping in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

The co op sell the mini dunlop ones for around a tenner, they feel a lot lighter than the disney ones I was looking at in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Broad feet here too and Dunne's wellies are great. Very light and soft. Like you, I wanted to get a good pair to start off but took a chance on a 6e pair and they were perfect. I have a video of the first time he ever tried them - so funny, he took off running all around the house laughing. They actually made him sturdier walking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

When I priced dunnes/penneys/tesco the weelies were €12+. Maybe I am not looking properly? Clarks have them in a g width for €14. They are just the bog standard wellie. The ones with the string are €24+.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

I definitely paid €6 for mine but it was in the Spring so maybe the prices fluctuate with the seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Drdoc

I recently bought dinosaur ones with strings in clarks for my little boy who is size 7.5. Yes they were expensive but they are so comfy on him compared to all the previous wellies he's had. He's been splashing in the muddy puddles loads already!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

For the little kids I discovered the ones with handles are great.
    It depends on budget we have many pairs here and the Lidl nce are excellent but only when they have them! Tesco and Heatons are good too.
    My 2 year old wears a 7G and he has The Gruffalo ones from Debenhams,he got them as a present and has worn them more then his shoes.

Drdoc wrote: »
    I recently bought dinosaur ones with strings in clarks for my little boy who is size 7.5. Yes they were expensive but they are so comfy on him compared to all the previous wellies he's had. He's been splashing in the muddy puddles loads already!

Are they lined by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭a_noodle_jenny

I got these Kids Boys Girls Wellington Boots Rainy Snow Wellies Lightweight Warm Liners (12/13UK 30/31 EU) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00FDZMUAK/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_QciowbFSXSGCM and love them! My boy has wide feed and it's a nightmare trying to get wellies into his feet - these are better as they are size 7-8
    Fleece lined - removable and washable
    Reflector around top rim of boot

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Drdoc

Millem wrote: »
    Are they lined by any chance?

Very lightly I guess in that they are softer inside than his previous wellies but wouldn't be any warmer

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

nikpmup wrote: »
    I got my lad a pair of light up monster wellie in Heatons in a size7. He's very proud of them :)

Got my little dude those ones also! Nearly had to pry them off him! :D

I am going to order the croc wellies for my son.....
    Ordering from next with a €15 off code they are €28 so was just going to buy a normal pair of socks for €2.50 to bring it up to the €30 but then I saw Welly socks! They are €7 for 2 pairs so will cost me €5. Will he need welly socks?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Welly socks are handy if you're buying a size up or in the winter to keep their feet warm.

Welly socks are handy if you're buying a size up or in the winter to keep their feet warm.

How strange I went ahead and ordered them :) so I got the croc wellies, and 2 pairs of welly socks for €20 :) can't wait for them to arrive they are too cute :) funny enough he was a 8 in croc wellies and a 7 in start rite wellies but the crocs ones were sooo much better

Advertisement