Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Someone to respray my classic truck

Options
  • 01-11-2015 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I am in Galway and cannot find any company interested in painting my 1956 Chevy truck. I have contacted 12-15 companies, within a 25 mile radius of galway, via email and by direct contact. Athenry, Moycullon, Tuam, Oranmore, Bearna,Roscommon, and all companies in Galway no interest or too big of a job. I am getting pissed off. Dublin is a long way from Galway to transport the truck and its costly. Can anyone help me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 johnlcvi

I am in Galway and cannot find any company interested in painting my 1956 Chevy truck. I have contacted 12-15 companies, within a 25 mile radius of galway, via email and by direct contact. Athenry, Moycullon, Tuam, Oranmore, Bearna,Roscommon, and all companies in Galway no interest or too big of a job. I am getting pissed off. Dublin is a long way from Galway to transport the truck and its costly. The complete truck was sand blasted with glass. All rusted panels have been cut out and replaced with new parts imported from America. All parts welded and bondo applied and sanded with 120 grit. 1k primer applied to prevent rust starting. The truck in not driveable. All wiring removed.
    Any help would be appreciated?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭w124man

Well good luck with that. I've contacted 14 reputable companies to paint my W126 and only two had the courtesy to get back to me, one wanted €12,000 to paint it and the other cant take it until next May!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

w124man wrote: »
    Well good luck with that. I've contacted 14 reputable companies to paint my W126 and only two had the courtesy to get back to me, one wanted €12,000 to paint it and the other cant take it until next May!

Sure you'd buy the kit yourself for that price! With change left over.

Potential sideline?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

johnlcvi wrote: »
    I am in Galway and cannot find any company interested in painting my 1956 Chevy truck. I have contacted 12-15 companies, within a 25 mile radius of galway, via email and by direct contact. Athenry, Moycullon, Tuam, Oranmore, Bearna,Roscommon, and all companies in Galway no interest or too big of a job. I am getting pissed off. Dublin is a long way from Galway to transport the truck and its costly. Can anyone help me?

Might be a good idea pming a regular in the motors forum called suppergurrier.
    Got the bumper on his st sprayed for 90 quid, yes you read that right and for 90 quid it's excellent.
    Not concourse, but who wants concourse?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

http://goo.gl/lWYIlw

^^^^^ Apparently they are all like that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement