Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site that reviews code

Options
  • 01-11-2015 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of a site where I can submit code for review? I had to create an email contact form as part of an assessment and I would like some opinions on the way I have done it.
    I tried codereview.stackexchange.com but what I wanted reviewed is a collection of filed (aspx, css,.cs etc.) so they wouldn't review it. That site is more for reviewing snippets of code.
    I just want someone with more knowledge than me to take a look at it and tell me what they think (but not re-code it for me). I'd even be prepared to pay if it's not too much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Sean^DCT4

I have never come across anything other that codereview on StackExchange as you already mentioned.

Why not put it on Github and let us take a look at it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

+1 for the GibHub idea. Throw it up there and people can have a look at it and say what they think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭lukin

Sean^DCT4 wrote: »
    I have never come across anything other that codereview on StackExchange as you already mentioned.

There is:http://codereview.stackexchange.com
    Anyways I found a site that does what I want:https://www.reddit.com/r/reviewmycode/

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Sean^DCT4

lukin wrote: »
    Anyways I found a site that does what I want:https://www.reddit.com/r/reviewmycode/
    There's only 4 threads in the last month on that subreddit, doesn't look very active. Maybe you will get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

You say this is for a college assignment.

What if the lecturer was to put your code into Google, or another site, and get a few hits? Are you going to be able to convince him/her that it is in fact your code and that you did not copy it from that site?

Something to think about....

• Advertisement

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    You say this is for a college assignment.

What if the lecturer was to put your code into Google, or another site, and get a few hits? Are you going to be able to convince him/her that it is in fact your code and that you did not copy it from that site?

Something to think about....

No it's an assessment for a job, not a college assessment. The submission date had passed when I put it up on the site. I just wanted some feedback from someone else to see what they think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Try hackerhands. they do bug testing over a video chat
    The github student pack gets you $25 credit($1 a minute after 5 minutes)

You do need to give them your credit card details

ive never used them
    Throw it up hear though

bpb101 wrote: »
    Try hackerhands. they do bug testing over a video chat
    The github student pack gets you $25 credit($1 a minute after 5 minutes)

You do need to give them your credit card details

ive never used them
    Throw it up hear though

Thanks. I didn't get the job but I got to the final three (so they said).

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

Advertisement