Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VAT registration threshold & intra Community supplies

Options
  • 31-10-2015 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
    I hope you can help me with my question related to the VAT registration.

I'm a sole trader, offering IT services mostly to companies based in other EU countries but also to one or two Irish businesses. Additionally, I order some services from companies established in other EU countries, all these services fall into a Fourth Schedule Services/intra Community supplies category.

Do I need to register for VAT assuming my turnover will not exceed €37,500?

What if I wouldn't be ordering any services from other companies and my turnover would not exceed €37,500 threshold?

And finally, what will happen if my turnover over the last 12 months exceeds €37,500 but just for a very short time period, what should I do in this case - can I register for VAT and then cancel VAT registration shortly after? I don't have many expenses and because of that prefer not to be registered for VAT.

I would appreciate any feedback on this!

Thanks,
    Peter

Advertisement