Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hanging 54mm doors in normal frame?

Options
  • 31-10-2015 5:29pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hello folks,

I want to hang 7 in a newly renovated house. Can the normal 5 inch frame hold them?
    Any tips appreciated,

Tks
    Jim1000 is online now Report Post

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Jim1000 wrote: »
    Hello folks,

I want to hang 7 in a newly renovated house. Can the normal 5 inch frame hold them?
    Any tips appreciated,

Tks
    Jim1000 is online now Report Post

Obviously you have to have the correct rebate to accept the edge of the door.
    Otherwise 5 " should be fine.
    Are you making the door frames ? I am designing my own and thinking of something like 2mm shop cut veneer on softwood. Lots of work but way more economical than a hardwood.:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 107 ✭✭Jim1000

thanks recip,

I have the standard frames, 2 alrerady installed, the rest not yet installed. I will have to cut the rebate deeper as you say but perhaps I would be better just making the frames and a stop like you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Jim1000 wrote: »
    thanks recip,

I have the standard frames, 2 alrerady installed, the rest not yet installed. I will have to cut the rebate deeper as you say but perhaps I would be better just making the frames and a stop like you.

Correct, you can even take standard 'stock' timber and glue on a 10mm slip to make the rebate instead of milling away the door rebate space.

Advertisement