Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Service progression

Options
  • 31-10-2015 11:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭

A person that used to report to me left to join the civil service.

A newly created VIII position has opened in her department. It looks like an interesting role suited to a commercially minded person, especially with my current work experience.

I've never worked in the Civil Service before - what's the next level up from VIII?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Are you sure it's in the civil service and not the Public Service?
    Civil service positions are normally referred to by grade, e.g. CO, EO, HEO, AO, AP, PO, ASEC, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

cee_jay wrote: »
    Are you sure it's in the civil service and not the Public Service?
    Civil service positions are normally referred to by grade, e.g. CO, EO, HEO, AO, AP, PO, ASEC, etc.

It's the HSE

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭The Veteran

The HSE is not the civil service. Grade viii is the last of the numbered grades, essentially equivalent to APO in civil service and since the Public Service Mgt Act 2013 or 2014 (not sure which) redeployments between civil and public and vice versa are possible. Next up from viii is what used be called a functional officer like a Programme Manager.

Advertisement