Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know where I could get patterned/craft duct tape?

Options
  • 31-10-2015 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of where I could get patterned duct tape.. I have also seen it spelled as duck tape but that quite possibly is a brand name or American thing lol.. I couldn't see any in the art n hobby shop or easons. I've seen it on Amazon or eBay but cost with delivery and time etc isn't ideal.

Hopefully one of you can advise :)

Thanks so much

Comments

ch1984 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of where I could get patterned duct tape.. I have also seen it spelled as duck tape but that quite possibly is a brand name or American thing lol.. I couldn't see any in the art n hobby shop or easons. I've seen it on Amazon or eBay but cost with delivery and time etc isn't ideal.

Hopefully one of you can advise :)

Thanks so much

I saw some neon coloured ones and animal print ones in woodies just the other day!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ch1984

I saw some neon coloured ones and animal print ones in woodies just the other day!

Oh great, thank you so much :D

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭callee

I have some down in Kerry if thats any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 conandoyle

I think the stuff you want is called washsi tape and you can get in in Vibes and scribes in Cork. They also have an online shop if that helps.

callee wrote:
    I have some down in Kerry if thats any good.

Do you have a shop there? I'm in Galway

• Advertisement

conandoyle wrote:
    I think the stuff you want is called washsi tape and you can get in in Vibes and scribes in Cork. They also have an online shop if that helps.

I'll check that out, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭callee

Yes I have a shop in Kenmare. Duck/Duct tape is more like a thin version of insulating tape whereas washi tape is more like a thin coloured sellotape, at least thats how I think of it. I'd post a picture, but I'm not sure how to do it. If you PM me your email address I can send you some pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Tiger and Ikea both sell washi tape too.

miezekatze wrote:
    Tiger and Ikea both sell washi tape too.

I used to work in Ikea but moved to Galway.. :) I'll check out Tiger but think washi tape will be too thin, thanks :)

callee wrote:
    Yes I have a shop in Kenmare. Duck/Duct tape is more like a thin version of insulating tape whereas washi tape is more like a thin coloured sellotape, at least thats how I think of it. I'd post a picture, but I'm not sure how to do it. If you PM me your email address I can send you some pictures.

Ahh, okay.. Thanks for the description, it's duct tape I'd be looking for so. Washi tape would be too thin. I'm familiar with duct tape its just hard to find the patterned one for crafts around the place.

• Advertisement
Advertisement