Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

walked out of my Job! need advice please

Options
  • 31-10-2015 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I took a 3 month contract with a company. The contract expired and i remained working there for another 11 weeks without a contract. I did mention to my boss that I did not have a contract to which he replied "neither do I" anyway long story short things got so bad that I switched on my computer one day and typed a one liner saying this is my resignation and left. I have never left a job like that before nor have I ever worked in such a place! my problem is that if i remove them from my C.V. there will be a gap of 10 months and if I leave them on will a potential employer look to them for a reference? I really do not know what to do at this stage. I have a friend asking for my C.V. and I am reluctant to give it to her as this might ruin my chances of getting this job that I really want. Can anybody advise me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

"I took a 3-month contract, after which it resorted to a more informal basis. Given the uncertainty, and the questionable legality of the situation, myself and my line manager determined that it would be mutually beneficial for me to terminate this arrangement and seek more secure employment"

Advertisement