Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropped Laptop

Options
  • 30-10-2015 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone could advise me on my laptop. I dropped it earlier and now the screen is all blurry.

Would this be a big job to get fixed or am i better off getting a new laptop.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Replacing a laptop screen is a diy job.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Anyone know a reliable/affordable place in Limerick to get a slow laptop up to speed again?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Anyone know a reliable/affordable place in Limerick to get a slow laptop up to speed again?

Easiest way to do this is backup all your vital data and do either (a) a factory reset or (b) reinstall the OS.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,345 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

do it yourself, it's cheaper
    run ccleaner, malwarebytes, install more memory, go into your startup list and get rid of things you don't need
    maybe a defrag but that's not necessary these days, especially DO NOT do this on an SSD drive

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

:cool:Howabout just the name of someplace that will do this for me, I'm a busy man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

:cool:Howabout just the name of someplace that will do this for me, I'm a busy man.

Any place that does laptop repairs will do it. I'm sure Limerick, like most cities, has loads of these shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭orm0nd

TechStar 8 Henry St.

Advertisement