Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

samsung S5 - problem sending group texts

Options
  • 30-10-2015 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

I recently bought the Samsung S5 in the hope it would allow group texting which the iphone doesnt really support

I send text messages to members of my football club (65 members in the group)

However the S5 will only allow 20 recipients to be selected from a group at a time. This is very frustrating when i need to send a message to the group as its just quite time consuming.

Ive tried a number of external group text appa like Textra but no joy with them really.

Can anyone help suggest an app or could i change a setting on my phone to get around this??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

This is a limitation in Android itself, you need to root the phone and then you can use an app to remove the lock

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mittelmanapps.smslimitunlock&hl=en

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Could webtexts not sort this issue out for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

newportlad wrote:
    I send text messages to members of my football club (65 members in the group)

I've a possible solution, just not a practical solution.
    The problem is that you need them to join google+.

But if they did, then on a pc/laptop, create a circle in google+ with all 65 members, call the circle by your football team name.

Then, in Chrome, open hangouts.google.com, enter the name of your google+ circle, (you can do this on pc, tablet or phone), and send the message for free. It will allow others respond and for everyone to receive those responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Have a S5 also and I just get around this by setting up groups of 20 and just naming the group u15 1 u15 2 etc then just copying and pasting the message into each group message. Maybe not what your looking for but that's the way I get around it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,215 ✭✭✭ongarite

Teamer was created for something like this. Look into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭newportlad

Thank you all for your very helpful posts and apologies for not replying earlier.

Ive since doscovered an App called chompsms and it is perfect. It is just like a normal text message layout except no limit on the number of recipients so i have my 65 contacts in one group and i can send to them all in one go. Id highly recommend it to you guys. thanks again for the help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭newportlad

Thank you all for your very helpful posts and apologies for not replying earlier.

Ive since doscovered an App called chompsms and it is perfect. It is just like a normal text message layout except no limit on the number of recipients so i have my 65 contacts in one group and i can send to them all in one go. Id highly recommend it to you guys. thanks again for the help :)

Advertisement