Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault KeyCard help

Options
  • 29-10-2015 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hey all,

My renault keycard is not working to start the car. central locking works, but getting card not detected.

changed battery, tried flipping it upside down, all the normal stuff...

The second card obliterated after being stood on.

Car is a 2006 megane, and its not a keyless entry model.

I've been ringing around to get it sorted, looking for a late roadside replacement key with no luck.

Anyone got any recommendations that are available this late....?

Need the car for tomorrow afternoon at the latest.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

Not sure where you're based but KC Systems in Cork repaired my Astra key before and I pretty sure that they do all keys, might be worth getting onto them if you're close

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Auto key at newlands cross will recode it for you , those key cards are a disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

Any good locksmith can repair these or code you a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭lollsangel

There's a little wire broken in the inside...temperorly try pushing the key slightly upwards in the slot. Long term you knew to slit open the key and solder the wire back together...type into YouTube to see how.... Pain in the are...its what happened to mine few years back

Advertisement