Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bent keys

Options
  • 29-10-2015 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone ever come across keys getting bent in locations ,
    Particularly mortise type keys been bent while in a door over night ,it's not just slight bends on several occasions bent at near right angles

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

cant say i have. whats happening exactly? are you waking up in the morning and the key is bent? do other people live int eh house? has it happened often? if its a once off are you sure it didnt happen accidentally or could someone have gave it a sideways kick? would anything naturally come in contact with it ? Is there a wall on the inside of the door that it could bend off if it hit it?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

maccored wrote: »
    cant say i have. whats happening exactly? are you waking up in the morning and the key is bent? do other people live int eh house? has it happened often? if its a once off are you sure it didnt happen accidentally or could someone have gave it a sideways kick? would anything naturally come in contact with it ? Is there a wall on the inside of the door that it could bend off if it hit it?

Key does be bent over to the point it can't be taken out of the lock ,
    I've 2 kids who don't budge at night and neither would be strong enough to bend a key ,

I've regularly heard sounds like footsteps from the attic and one of two other things too ,
    Nobody else would have access to the keys at night after i lock the door ,and the door doesn't make contact with walls or other objects

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

I have had bent keys many times. In my case I thought it was because they got caught in the door whilst swinging (while the other key was opening the door). I'm wondering now though if it was something paranormal!!

Gatling wrote: »
    Key does be bent over to the point it can't be taken out of the lock ,
    I've 2 kids who don't budge at night and neither would be strong enough to bend a key ,

I've regularly heard sounds like footsteps from the attic and one of two other things too ,
    Nobody else would have access to the keys at night after i lock the door ,and the door doesn't make contact with walls or other objects

thats a bit of a strange one. does it only happen to the one particular lock?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

maccored wrote: »
    thats a bit of a strange one. does it only happen to the one particular lock?

Yeah just the one lock it's effected 2 separate set of keys .

• Advertisement

you should start documenting. if you still have the old keys, photo graph them. if you ever find a key bent again, video the process of removing it in order to highlight how bent it is - anything to back up the idea of it happening. ive never heard of it before so its interesting.

Advertisement