Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton t90i shower head replacement?

Options
  • 29-10-2015 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Just wondering if the usual shower head of the Triton t90i can be replaced with another, larger surface area shower head? If so, could someone let me if there are particular ones or specific measurements to look out for?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Should be fine but have an adjustable pressure type would be best.

They are very handy showers but pressure wouldn't blow you away.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭nirzenra

Yeah, we've had it a few years now alright but hasn't given any trouble. You're right about the pressure alright though.

Hmm, so there aren't any specifically compatible options with this model? Are all shower head-to-pipe connections the same diameter?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,940 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

You should only use shower heads designed for electric showers with electric showers. Other shower heads can cause the shower to go hot and cold. All shower heads not designed for electric showers shorten the life of the electric shower. In ops case this won't matter as his shower is close to 20 years old and is on borrowed time. The average lifespan of an electric shower is 10 years.

Op you can get a new triton t90z supplied and fitted for around 300 Euro. You'll get a new shower pole, head, and hose with this. The new triton shower head is about 3 times the size of the shower head that came with the old t90i. So considering you'll need to replace the shower soon (they haven't made parts for the t90i in 8 years) it might be worth changing it now rather than waste money on a shower head.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭nirzenra

Oh dear, I didn't realise it's time was nigh! It seems there's an endless stream of things that need replacing in the house. *sigh*

Advertisement