Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get an engineers report?

Options
  • 29-10-2015 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Hello Engineers,

Hoping someone may be able to help point me in the right direction. I purchased purchased some flat pack cabinet some time ago. I assembled it myself following the instructions and have done this for similar stuff over the years without any issue.

Long story short I do not believe that the jowl (not sure if its the right term) for holding the shelves in place is fit for purpose. It has a plastic ring which slipped away over time and caused two shelves to collapse.

The manufacturer has refused to engage with me saying there is no known quality issue. They don't seem to understand that I don't want a refund, I just think the product is unsafe. Is there any way of getting an independent report on something like this for a fee?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

you could pay a product design company to reverse engineer the product to test for it's safety but I don't see why you'd do that.

Make a compliant to guys in charge of consumer issues if you think it's unsafe, it's their job to investigate and the company in question will have to deal with them

http://www.consumerhelp.ie/product-safety

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Gmaximum

thanks, didn't think of that

Advertisement