Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storing photographs online

Options
  • 29-10-2015 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi guys
    I have thousands of photographs on my laptop and external hardrives but I am concerned about loosing my images :eek: if my laptop dies or if my external hardrives gets damaged.

I am looking for an online storage solution where I can store my photos securely and access them anytime anywhere.

Any ideas welcome :D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭duffman3833

try Dropbox or Onedrive. If its just to store them they would be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 30 siobh123

Thank you Duffman. I would like to use this storage option to maybe promote myself too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,676 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Flickr? You get 1TB with a free account I think. I don't know if you can still buy the pro accounts.

If you just want secure cheap backup then Amazon Glacier might be the way to go, but it's not designed for access.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 siobh123

Thanks Daire

I didn't realise you could have private images on Flickr. I have lots of images of my family that I would prefer to keep private. I just opened an account last week and put up one image :cool: I shall get to adding more:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

if my laptop dies or if my external hardrives gets damaged.

Is it not if it is when.

Back up your photos now.

I use smugmug to just store my photos but they have services to allow you to sell your photos.

If you sign up let me know and I could recommend you and we both get a 5% discount

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

amen wrote: »
    Is it not if it is when.

Amen to that......whatever it means.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Amazon Cloud have a cheap photo cloud backup solution. I think it's $11 a year for unlimited photos, they will accept most RAW formats too. Worth checking out.

Although the tool to upload your photos is rather poor.

Advertisement