Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Nintendo 64 & Zelda Game

Options
  • 29-10-2015 4:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

It's my boyfriends Birthday in a little over 2 weeks and I really want to get him a Nintendo 64 console with preferably 2 controllers (would settle for one controller) and all the works (ie everything it needs to function properly), and I'd also love to get him The Legend of Zelda game for the console as he always talks about it (after researching online I think there may have been 2 or more for Nintendo 64 so I'd probably settle for the most popular one or pretty much any Zelda game to be honest). The thing is I have literally no knowledge about these consoles or games so I'm worried about buying online, I've been looking at ads but I'm worried that there could be things missing that I wouldn't know about or that one which I think seems buyable is actually bad quality or a rip off.

So, if you or someone you know are selling a Nintendo 64 console which you feel to be of good quality at a reasonable price that meets the requirements above, or you have seen such a thing advertised online, could you please help me out by replying! The same goes for the Zelda game. Someone selling both together would be the dream but I'm guessing that's a tall order.

P.S. Shipping to Ireland is a must.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

So going by your post, what you need is:

A Nintendo 64 console
    One or two joypads
    Video cable
    Power supply

And the most popular of the two Zelda games for the N64 is Ocarina of Time.

You could try The RAGE in Dublin, it may be pricer than buying from Adverts/Ebay etc...but at least you know you'll get everything needed with it. I will say this, it's going to look dreadful on any sort of modern tv...and at a minimum you should get an AV cable as a video cable, because the old rf cables used back in the day will make your eyes bleed these days when used on modern lcd/plasma screens.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

+1 on the RAGE, if you're not in Dublin they do deliver and you can order through their Facebook page. Ocarina of Time is the more popular, but some would say Majora's Mask is the better (not me). You will probable get a copy of OOT cheaper than MM.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

but some would say Majora's Mask is the better (not me). You will probable get a copy of OOT cheaper than MM.

To complicate matters, Majoras' Mask needs the expansion unit...so for now, I'd recommend Ocarina of Time for simplicity's sake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Myrddin wrote: »
    To complicate matters, Majoras' Mask needs the expansion unit...so for now, I'd recommend Ocarina of Time for simplicity's sake

OOOOh good point! when I got my N64 on ebay the previous owner had already put in the expansion pack so I didn't have to worry about that when getting Majora's Mask

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 DanielBurke77M

Hi I am a games collector based in Clare, If you want some advice on where to get these items let me know, my comments have been removed from this thread for some reason, I was just trying to advise you :) If you want more info on N64 software and hardware, and advice on picking them up just befriend me, and I would be more than happy to help.

Daniel

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The reason for it's deletion was included in the warning email you were sent. If you want to sell stuff, do so via Adverts.ie or ebay, this is not the place for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 DanielBurke77M

Okay cool, I didn't mean to offend you, I was just trying to help someone out, there is no need to be so offensive, I am not trying to turn a profit on this website or anything.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

People should probably take a little more time to read the forum charter, rather than rapidly taking offence.
    3 posts and closed the account.. blimey!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 memma94

Thanks to everyone who replied, with your help I got sorted and will hopefully have a very happy boyfriend!! :) I'm overwhelmed by the helpful responses. Ye're a great bunch!

Advertisement