Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aptamil Reflux

Options
  • 29-10-2015 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

Has anyone experience with using this?

My son has reflux, and so bought the reflux formula for him which is thicker.

I gave him a bottle around 9.30 and nothing was coming out of the bottle.

We use tommy tippee new born bottles.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

We had reflux too and had to use gavis on in normal formula because the reflux formula was way too thick. Did your doc diagnose? Are you on medication?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭moving_home

You need to change to a bigger teat on the bottle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Thank you for all the replies!

Sorry for such a vague post last night, was distracted by the little man.

Our community nurse diagnosed it and recommended the anti-reflux formula.

He is 6 weeks old on friday and constantly grunts and groans like someone who is trying to clear their throat.

He throws his bottles up an awful lot.

Will get bigger teats today and see does that work!

cruais wrote: »
    Thank you for all the replies!

Sorry for such a vague post last night, was distracted by the little man.

Our community nurse diagnosed it and recommended the anti-reflux formula.

He is 6 weeks old on friday and constantly grunts and groans like someone who is trying to clear their throat.

He throws his bottles up an awful lot.

Will get bigger teats today and see does that work!

I'd also get him to a doc as well. Our public health nurse wouldn't advise any change of formula without a doctors visit to properly diagnose first

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Possibly needs to be heated a couple of minutes longer to prevent clogging rather than bigger teeth.

Second the doctor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

We were having the very same problem. Paed recommended gaviscon with the reflux formula. But similar to your situation it was way too thick. We're using tomee tippee no. 2 teats now. We tried vari flow and no.3 teats but found that the flow was a bit too fast. We're sticking with 2 now and as long as the bottle is warmed up a bit it flows okay. Still clogs every now and again though but I just pinch the opening on the teat a few times with a clean bib or something similar and it unblock it straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,200 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

cruais wrote: »
    Has anyone experience with using this?

My son has reflux, and so bought the reflux formula for him which is thicker.

I gave him a bottle around 9.30 and nothing was coming out of the bottle.

We use tommy tippee new born bottles.

Best of luck.

When we started using Carobel the difference was huge and immediate. Sounds like you need a bigger test now that the milk is thicker.

It can be a hugely stressful time, don't be afraid to visit the Doctor.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

We also had a refluxer here as well. She's on losec but we had to give gaviscon in every bottle too. If you could try the carobel first, I would. While gaviscon worked for our lady here it also constipated her so badly so I hate the thoughts of it but definitely have a good chat with your doctor first before starting. We tried changing formula too but we didn't get any benefit from that.

Asmodean wrote: »
    We were having the very same problem. Paed recommended gaviscon with the reflux formula. But similar to your situation it was way too thick. We're using tomee tippee no. 2 teats now. We tried vari flow and no.3 teats but found that the flow was a bit too fast. We're sticking with 2 now and as long as the bottle is warmed up a bit it flows okay. Still clogs every now and again though but I just pinch the opening on the teat a few times with a clean bib or something similar and it unblock it straight away.

We switched to nuk bottles for the gaviscon instead of tomee tippee and it worked much better

Advertisement