Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wages Cut Help needed

Options
  • 29-10-2015 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys I have been in a sales role with a company for over 3 months. I have been on a salary since I started. I got a call today to say that my wages were being cut and I would be on commission only until the level of sales improved.

My wages for last week were to be paid tomorrow but they have told me it is being backdated to the 16th October. Essentially in their view I have been working commission only since then even though I only found out today. Surely this is not correct or fair? I am also owed 7 weeks in expenses which they are obviously not going to pay me.

Basically I am wondering what my rights are here? I have already told them I will be taking the matter further if my wages are not paid up to today's date. Fortunately I was to hand in my notice this week but I want to be paid what I am owed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,982 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I thought you had to be on minimum wage for a job to be legal?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Walk....but make them aware that you will be chasing down full monies owed even if it means legal action, too many cowboys out there ripping of employees!!

No shortage of sales roles out there.

Out of interest, what are you selling?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Do you have a contract? If you do what does it say?

Sounds very very dodgy that they are switching you from a salary and backdating it.

Advertisement