Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to style a lace pencil skirt

Options
  • 28-10-2015 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I picked up a skirt like this in Penneys and I'm just wondering what to pair with it?

https://www.reiss.com/eu/p/lace-pencil-skirt-womens-orta-in-black/

n4tycn.jpg

I'm looking for tops/shoes etc. Going bare legged isn't an option so I need shoes that I can wear with tights.

I never wear skirts but fell in love with this however I obviously haven't a notion how to style it. I don't wear see through/sheer/mesh/crop tops etc. so they aren't an option either. :o

Thanks so much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mollymaloney

I am a huge lover of lace skirts and I think this one is very nice . I would try a silver fitted jacket with silver kitten heels and matte sheer tights. Or to be really daring and bold, I might try a fucia coloured 3/4 sleeve top and black heels. With that I'd probably go with sheer tights with a subtle sheen. With the fucia, I can picture wearing a nice complimentary eye shadow and lipstick. With a skirt like that, the possibilities for mix and match are endless.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Thanks so much, would a sheer sleeveless blouse (with a cami/vest underneath) tucked into the skirt look okay?

I have one like this, have it in turquoise and fuchsia.

2bz1g7.jpg

I don't have any silver clothes and silver isn't a colour I wear in clothing, I never see any nice silver clothing around.

Hoping to wear the outfit out on Sat night, so hopefully I'll be able to pull something together.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mollymaloney

To me, that skirt is what I'd describe as a classic garment. That top, although very nice, would not be my choice to go with it. I would prefer something more fitted with at least short sleeves. I was looking at the Dorothy Perkins web site and they have some tops that are worth looking at. That's what I would like about a short jacket, a shorter top, falling to the waistband, would allow the full fabric of the skirt to show. Leaving it to be the beautiful centrepiece of a lovely outfit.

Hopefully you will get lots more of suggestions here. I come to this from the point of view of a mid forties perspective. I bet that younger fashionatas would see it in a different way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Beautiful skirt, I'll have to go back to Penneys for a look!

When do you think you'll wear it? Work or social?

If I was wearing it to work I'd probably tuck in a crisp, fitted white shirt that had at least cap sleeves. A chambray shirt could look good too or a shirt that had a very simple pattern. You could definitely wear dark tights with this so whatever simple heels or flats you have would work.

If I was wearing it on a night out I'd probably wear a strappy top in a plain colour, silky type material and again tucked in. Or maybe just a plain t-shirt.

I'd also style it with a fine knit polo or a soft, casual knit for either work or just day to day wear. Something like this, this or this on the right. I'd wear a flat boot with these for casual looks or nice flats or heels to dress it up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭kickthecan

Lovely skirt. Im no expert like some of the girls above but I would avoid any more black for a night out. Have you any nice coloured court sillettos? It looks like a great excuse to pull off some red shoes and nails! I would try something sleevless with an open or semi open back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement