Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private Limited Company and BTEA

Options
  • 28-10-2015 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Does anybody know whether I can keep my Back To Education Allowance and register a Private Limited Company?

I was told that as a Director I will be considered "Self-Employed" which is weird to me since Ltd. is owned by shareholders, the director only runs it. Could someone clarify that for me, please?

Also, in case I register Ltd. and keep receiving BTEA, is there a risk they will tell me to pay back whatever I have gotten since Ltd. is set up?

I know that there is Back To Work Enterprise Allowance and all that, but I am in my last year of study and I want to accomplish it, but at the same time I wish to start working on my business now, so my "chances" to become unemployed after college will decrease.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

Hi, was looking for info on this also, have you since set up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Will you own any shares in the company? Will you be paying yourself any money from the company?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 borntosucceed

corcaigh1 wrote: »
    Hi, was looking for info on this also, have you since set up?

I have not yet, waiting until the end of study (May this year). Did you move forward corcaigh1? Any new info on this?
    Joseph wrote: »
    Will you own any shares in the company? Will you be paying yourself any money from the company?

Could you explain those options, Joseph? I mean what if I would own shares and what if I wouldn't? And also, what if I would be paying myself any money from the company? Is there a way of paying myself from the company, that wouldn't influence my BTEA? I am curious how each option would impact (or not) BTEA.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

I have not yet, waiting until the end of study (May this year). Did you move forward corcaigh1? Any new info on this?

Not yet! Id be interested in starting a company in the summer after my studies finish but id be interested to know how it will impact on the BTEA..:cool:

Advertisement