Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Microsoft Business Intelligence

• 28-10-2015 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am just wondering if anybody could recommend and training sites for working with Microsoft BI.

I am starting an internship in two weeks using this, so i was hoping to try learn the basics before i start.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭vigos

I'm not an expert on Microsoft products but do you mean Microsoft Power BI? They seem to have a range of products related to the area of business intelligence. Will you be working with a cloud based solution or?

I guess you could try the MSDN developer site for Microsoft and they also have a https://www.microsoftvirtualacademy.com which may have something on it. Otherwise google seems to throw up a lot of results just searching for Microsoft BI.

Also are you familiar with the Business domain where Microsoft BI will used? If not I would suggest brushing up on this as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Nuts102

To be honest i am not sure what exactly they are using. I used Tableau for a small period in a previous job so they like the fact i used a business intelligence program before.

I asked them what they used at the interview and they just told me Microsoft Business Intelligence and that's all i know. It is an internship so i presume i will be trained up on it anyway, i just wanted to have some basic understanding the first day.

I downloaded Microsoft Power BI and i am just taking notes from some of their introduction videos.

I think my best thing to do is play around with this and do some training videos for the next few days and hopefully this is what i will be using.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭vigos

I think you're on the right track so, and it's good you have some experience with tableau. Maybe brush up on SQL as well if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

edx.org have a course from Microsoft. I'm doing some of the other data science modules from Microsoft and they're quite good.

Advertisement