Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linda McCartney pies

Options
  • 28-10-2015 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me where I can get Linda McCartney pies in Dublin?

A friend of mine picked me up a couple of packs of them around three weeks ago from Tesco (I think Omni Park branch). They were listed as suitable for vegans and they tasted really good. I have looked in a couple of Tesco stores and Dunnes over the past few weeks but I have not seen them again.

I have asked the staff in these stores but all I get is "yeah they are not in stock and they are not sure when they will be in again". It is even getting more difficult to get Quorn pies which is what I had been eating up until now.

I find that the Quorn stuff is a little bit easier to get hold of in the Supermarkets but the Linda McCartney stuff (which I think tastes better) is very hit and miss.

I have another friend in the UK who says that the Linda McCartney meatballs are really good but again, I have never seen them over here.

Does anyone know where is the most reliable place to get these type of brands?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,499 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Tesco are deleting "niche" product lines en masse, so Dunnes or a very big Supervalu (ex Superquinn or similar size) are generally the best now.

However, the Linda McCartney pies are in Tesco's core range still as they're on the website - only the items available in most normal stores are on that, the extra items the bigger stores stock aren't. This might mean there's just a supply chain issue. All that shows are these and the sausages

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=285365356

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Lazy Bhoy

I never even thought of Super Value. I will be actually passing through Finglas Village today and I am sure that there is one there, so I might just pop in and see what they have.

Just tried Super Value in Finglas Village and found them to be very disappointing. They did not have one Linda McCartney product in stock and even their Quorn range was quite poor with just sausages and mince and Chicken pieces.

I also tried Tesco in Omni park Santry again and they had Linda McCartney burgers and sausages and a small range of Quorn stuff.

I usually get Quorn and Linda McCartney products in Tesco Clare Hall but lately their range seems to have been reduced too and it is a bit of a lottery what they will or will not have when I go there.

The most consistent supermarket that I have found for veggie products so far seems to be Dunnes. Their Quorn range is not bad but their Linda McCartney range is very limited.

If anyone else has any other ideas they would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I've not been in one so I don't know, but how about Iceland?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

I used to get mine at the local health food store.

Stopped eating them I think because of the trans/hydrogenated fats that they contained. They may have changed the recipe in recent years though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭human 19

Was in Tesco and Dunnes in Mullingar in the past few days. Didnt see LmcC or Quorn pies in either (and I was specifically looking for them, amongst other things). Only Dunnes in Mullingar do the delicious LmcC 1/4 lbrs; Tesco dont.
    Havent looked in super valu - must check it out.

On a side issue, I notice Ecover detergents etc now standing out on the Dunnes shelves which is good to see.

I've not been in one so I don't know, but how about Iceland?

I hadn't thought of Iceland myself to be honest so I popped in today just to see what they would have.

Again they were very disappointing and had even less than Tesco and Dunnes.

So far Dunnes seems to have the best range of Quorn and LMC products but only LMC sausages and 1/4 pounder burgers (which are delicious :) )

But still no pies :(

If you look at the Quorn and LMC websites and see the amount of different products that they make then compare that to what is actually available in the supermarkets, you can see how poor the supermarkets are at stocking these products.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

If II find them I'll let you know, I'd love some

Cheers Tar

If I do happen to find any myself I will post here in the vegan & veg forum.

But I can not even find Quorn pies any more so I am starting to think that the supermarkets are stocking less of these products.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭monicafussy

I have seen the Quorn pies in Iceland recently they also have the Quorn pasties:)

• Advertisement

I have seen the Quorn pies in Iceland recently they also have the Quorn pasties:)

The only Iceland that I pass regularly is the one in Finglas village and they had a terrible selection of Quorn or LMC products.

I am beginning to think that there is some sort of conspiracy going on to keep these products out of the supermarkets. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Supervalu in Churchtown often has them, I bought the last packet the other day. They also stock a lot of kosher foods so will have Tivall products which are superb but made in Israel is that's an issue for you.
    Dunnes in the Swan Centre Rathmines often have the LMcC pies and other products at good prices - I'm a huge fan of her sausage rolls! That's perhaps why I'm huge. In the same shopping centre the Hopsack has a good range too.

Slaphead07 wrote: »
    Supervalu in Churchtown often has them, I bought the last packet the other day. They also stock a lot of kosher foods so will have Tivall products which are superb but made in Israel is that's an issue for you.
    Dunnes in the Swan Centre Rathmines often have the LMcC pies and other products at good prices - I'm a huge fan of her sausage rolls! That's perhaps why I'm huge. In the same shopping centre the Hopsack has a good range too.

I was hoping to find somewhere over the north side of the city or even in the city centre that would stock Quorn or LMC pies but I had no luck.

I have now given up looking and unless I happen to stumble across them when I am out and about then I don't think I will see them again. Such a pity though as they were really good. :(

I still can not understand why the supermarkets are so inconsistent in stocking Quorn, LMC or other meat substitute brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Lazy Bhoy wrote: »
    I was hoping to find somewhere over the north side of the city or even in the city centre that would stock Quorn or LMC pies but I had no luck.
    In fairness there's a few bus routes that come from the Northside right to the door of The Swan Centre. Just bring a big bag! :D The Hopsack is just 20 paces from Dunne's (veggie freezers are on the far wall in Dunne's)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭monicafussy

Just in case you are still looking ,Supervalu Raheny had stock last night

Just in case you are still looking ,Supervalu Raheny had stock last night

Thank you very much Monicafussy.

I stopped by there today and picked up a couple of packs and even had one for dinner this evening. :D

Do you know if they have them there regularly?

I think that SuperValue stores are probably the best bet for getting them now because Tesco have not had them in stock for ages.

Thanks again and Happy Xmas. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It's a christmas miracle!

Advertisement