Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tablet Choice - £70 difference worth it?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,090 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Is there anything to be wary of when purchasing electronics from the USA?

Is there any reason I should avoid this:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1168906-REG/asus_z580ca_c1_bk_64gb_z580ca_c1_zenpad_s.html

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭ScottStorm

If buying from the US you have to factor in customs charges, also the warranty might be an issue.

I can get the equivalent with albeit with only 2Gb of RAM. Is it worthwhile? There seems to be so many variations of this tablet brought to different countries. USA seem to have a better spec - although surely 2Gb would be sufficient for a tablet?

Actually, I tell a lie - the processor is a step down from that as well as having only 2Gb RAM - is it still worth getting the one from the USA or is this one sufficient:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Z580CA-1A031A-ZenPad-Z580CA-Storage-Android/dp/B010Q2RZX6

Just noticed on the USA website:
    Guaranteed Landed Cost
    Choose Pre-Pay Duties & Tax,
    no additional charges at delivery.

$299 equates to about £195+P&P. Amazon item is £199.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭ScottStorm

Spec wise I would go for the US model but with them paying customs fees and cheapest delivery option from DHL you are looking at $440 not $299

• Advertisement

Works out at ~£270.

Extra £70 - worth it???

Can a business claim back the VAT?

Advertisement