Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with wedding outfit

Options
  • 27-10-2015 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

Anyone with a good eye for colour willing to help with advice/suggestions? Would be grateful. Wearing a Phase Eight fitted navy jersey and lace 3/4 sleeved dress with slashed neck as guest to winter wedding. Have got nude mid heel shoes with closed toe shoes and beautiful clutch to compliment. My only issue is that the wedding is in late November and I do not have a cape/coat/jacket/wrap/bolero to compliment the ensemble. Any suggestions as to what would best compliment and also keep warm in church and transfer to reception venue? I do have a Ralph Lauren navy blazer, but way to thin for winter wear. Also wonder if I should wear pearl choker and earrings, or if that would be over the top. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Post split out from old thread and moved to its own thread

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Why not wear the blazer with a white fur wrap over it?

I see plenty of furry scarves and collars etc around at the moment, look very opulent draped over a coat collar/shoulders.

Nude shoes - forgive me - is about the most neutral statement you could make, so you needn't be nervous to show a touch of wedding luxury on the top half.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Second the furry wrap/scarf idea, this one in Dunnes is the nicest I've seen and only €35 http://www.dunnesstores.com/savida-fur-scarf/shoes-and-accessories/dunnesstores/fcp-product/9012252?colour=aubergine - my mum bought the burgundy one to go with a wedding outfit. Doesn't look much in the pic but it's massive and very nice quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Oh - and pearl choker and earrings - I think, very tasteful, very good with navy lace.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I can't say I am fan of pearls and lace combo unless you are over fifty.

I agree with faux fur wrap, other option might be simple knee length coat (light grey) and you can add fur scarf to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I am wearing an aubergine lace dress to a wedding in early December. Like OP got the nude shoes with a bit of a sparkle, and a clutch aswell.

I was mithering over what to wear to keep me warm, and I remembered that last year I picked up a faux fur cream coloured bolero in Penneys for a fiver. Who cares about the shop, it's lovely! It even had a lovely sparkly brooch on it. Tucked away in the wardrobe ever since. Something that colour would be good with navy too I'd say.

Tried it on over the weekend and it's perfect. Lucky me!

Am bringing a golden coloured silky pashmina aswell, it folds right down and will fit in the clutch bag (which is not that small either) happy days!

I am wearing an aubergine lace dress to a wedding in early December. Like OP got the nude shoes with a bit of a sparkle, and a clutch aswell.

I was mithering over what to wear to keep me warm, and I remembered that last year I picked up a faux fur cream coloured bolero in Penneys for a fiver. Who cares about the shop, it's lovely! It even had a lovely sparkly brooch on it. Tucked away in the wardrobe ever since. Something that colour would be good with navy too I'd say.

Tried it on over the weekend and it's perfect. Lucky me!

Am bringing a golden coloured silky pashmina aswell, it folds right down and will fit in the clutch bag (which is not that small either) happy days!

Did that bolero have a diamante butterfly brooch on it? My mum bought one of those and it was fab, two of my cousins had them as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

dee_mc wrote: »
    Did that bolero have a diamante butterfly brooch on it? My mum bought one of those and it was fab, two of my cousins had them as well!

Yes indeed it did! Longish sleeves too which is perfect as my dress has long sleeves also.

I am not one bit worried about it being from Penneys it really fits the bill for my outfit. Who knows, there may be others wearing the same one on the day, that would be hilarious!

But now and then something that was a total bargain works! A fiver, I can't believe it, I bought it after Christmas, you know when they put all the party season stuff out for little or nothing.

I'm really glad your mum and cousins (and you) like it too!

Yes indeed it did! Longish sleeves too which is perfect as my dress has long sleeves also.

I am not one bit worried about it being from Penneys it really fits the bill for my outfit. Who knows, there may be others wearing the same one on the day, that would be hilarious!

But now and then something that was a total bargain works! A fiver, I can't believe it, I bought it after Christmas, you know when they put all the party season stuff out for little or nothing.

I'm really glad your mum and cousins (and you) like it too!

Oh they all had photos together and all, when something is gorgeous who cares where it's from or what it costs! I think the original price was only €25, absolute bargain at that but you got an amazing deal for a fiver!

Advertisement