Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Vegfest

Options
  • 27-10-2015 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Anyone heading to this?
    Only heard of it there. Seems like it has a lot going on.

http://dublinvegfest.com/

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yep I'm going, looking forward to it. Have a moodley order to collect from there too. Seems to be a lot of effort put in, good to have something like that here finally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

This was so mental.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I didn't go in the end, how was it? Yeah heard it was packed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I think they expected a hundred or so but a few thousand showed up hah. It was good just small venue really crowded couldn't really hang around or enjoy it, bought some stuff, grabbed some cards and ran.

Got to chat with moodleys and bought some amazing cakes from buttercreams bakery, also met magic Mayan, handmade vegan chocolate from Clare.

Hopefully next year it'll be at the RDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Level 5 Vegan

Yeah just hope it being so packed doesn't put too many off coming next year.

• Advertisement

Yeah saw a lot of people complaining all right. Would love to try it next year. I see sova are doing a popup again soon.

Moodleys were great, i was supposed to pick up packs from them there but I didn't make it, so they drove to my home and dropped them off!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

I went along but it was jammers. Stayed for about 20 mins then left as it was just too busy. We just got swept along with the crowd and were not able to stop at some of the stalls. Bought some lovely foodie things though to the stalls we did manage to get to mmmm!

I`m not complaining through as I think anyone running an event like this its a gamble. They need to cover their costs so charge an entry fee as they have no idea if anyone will turn up. Hopefully this proves that there is an appetite for this kind of festival and it will be back next year bigger and better.

Advertisement