Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morse Taper size.

Options
  • 27-10-2015 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭

I have a fairly decent drill press but I am having a bit of trouble with the chuck.

The hobby work i do requires the use of drills as small as 1 mm and the chuck is quite big . It also runs out about .1 mm which makes it inaccurate when the runout gets bigger as the twist drill gets longer. Not sure where the run out is. I could be the chuck or the taper so I want to replace the both and hope its not in the machine itself.

I am fairly sure a 0 to 1/2" chuck would suit

I have been looking online for decent looking Jacobs chucks but I am not sure the size of my taper.

What size of taper is this and what thead mount is needed? Any advise would be great.
    P1010840.jpg

Advertisement