Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Looking to buy a 2005 vauxhall vectra sri 1.9 diesel

Options
  • 26-10-2015 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

looking to change the car due a getting a new job which is a good distance away, in need of a diesel. cant help but notice how cheap the vauxhall vectras are going for, the one i have me eye on is up on donedeal for 2200 euro. which is basically for nothing if you ask me.

just wondering anyway, does anyone know why there going for so cheap ? im guessing there not very reliable, any advice would be great thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

1 its an import.
    2 its 10 years old now,
    3 big mileage I am guessing
    4 Not the best diesel out there.

If you do want to buy get it well checked over and by someone who knows what they are at.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 rossd2015

i know what you mean, i dont really know anyone who is great with cars that i know, i know a fair bit myself but im not a mechanic, i think the fact that the price is so low on the majority of them basically tells me that they cant be trusted

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I wouldn't call it low to be honest.

They wouldn't be the most looked for motor either so it really is a case of what people are willing to pay.

They are a nice motor but need to be looked after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭BrianBoru00

bought a 2008 sri nav 1.9 two and a half years ago from the UK. Was wary given the poor resale value compared to others (ended up being about 4000 cheaper than an equivalent mondeo but Im very happy with it and have put up 50 000 miles so far, a fair proportion on poor to middlin roads. Got the timing belt done and a service when I brought it in just to be safe and the only thing that was gone on it was the AC which I think is a fault with them.
    They are a tight enough squeeze in the rear seats for adults but mechanically I'd have no qualms about getting another.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 rossd2015

thats good to hear, they are lovely looking cars and there the cheapest 1.9 diesel i can find on the internet, ill defo look further into them and decide if ill get one or not, thanks for the advice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Vowel Movement

i have an 08 sri 1.9 120 bhp a couple of months now and it's a great car. Great mpg when going a constant speed and not a thing has gone wrong with it. put up nearly 8,000 miles

one thing i did do was to blank the egr and get a tuning company to remove the egr software which stopped warning lights coming on. Now the turbo spools up at lower rpm

Advertisement