Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You're hired - Alan Sugar's new Piaget

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

They really gave him grief in the comments. £21k I believe.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

The cynic in me says that he paid nothing near the full retail price...And may have got it free.

High profile people who are willing to publicise products tend to get free stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,741 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Menas wrote: »
    The cynic in me says that he paid nothing near the full retail price...And may have got it free.

High profile people who are willing to publicise products tend to get free stuff!

sugar has a lot of nice watches, and a pretty varied collection, id imagine he bought it

ultra thins arent my bag, but i can appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Slightly off topic but did anyone see the "posh pawn" programme on recently? Some ex Chelsea footballer was selling 2 Rolex and a Panerai. Some nice pieces to be spotted on the wrists of the guys in the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

There's no real 'chat' thread in this forum, so rather than start a new thread I thought I'd just drop this here......

https://twitter.com/Lord_Sugar/status/666524702828068864

https://twitter.com/Lord_Sugar/status/666527591361323008

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,741 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

is he dyslexic

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Cyrus wrote: »
    is he dyslexic
    Maybe just trying to keep the character count down for twitter, but he speaks the truth.

Speaking of 'chit chat' the urban gentry from youtube has started a group on FB.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I'd have thought a Patek as expensive as that would come in a more substantial box...looks like swatch packaging but much uglier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

ghostchant wrote: »
    I'd have thought a Patek as expensive as that would come in a more substantial box...looks like swatch packaging but much uglier

I posted that observation on another site and someone observed - not unreasonably - that you probably do get a fairly flash presentation box.

If you google the 'pres box' code you get some idea of what you get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

blue5000 wrote: »
    They really gave him grief in the comments. £21k I believe.

Rightly so. Some of us wear fairly expensive watches but I think advertising to all and sundry how much you spent is the height of vulgarity. I was talking to someone in a pub recently who couldn't understand why I wasn't particularly interested in his quartz Montblanc. "But it cost two grand!!". Spare me.

Re the Altiplano itself, doesn't do anything for me. I think I read something somewhere that servicing watches that thin was more or less impossible?

• Advertisement
Advertisement