Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain G Shock

Options
  • 26-10-2015 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

Just Saw this on TZ

Spotted the GW-M5610-1ER (Solar, atomic square G-Shock) on offer for £69.99 in Argos. Plus enter code JEWEL20 for an extra 20% off. £55.99 bargain!

Means you can order it in argos belfast and get it delivered for £59 about 83Euro using Parcel Motel

I ordered one and its just been dispatched great deal at this price if your looking for a radio G-Shock

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

I've one of those. It's my daily work/outdoor activities watch. Sturdy and it always updates the time so its right. It's a lot more useful than I thought it would be.

Great price, worth it at that price. I paid 115 and I was happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mylesm

Well it arrived Great Watch for 83Euro

22358600760_3ea4c2e109_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

What I like about it is that's it's not enormous like other G-Shocks. Can be worn under a coat or a shirt sleeve in work and it's not too obtrusive.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

For me the Casio G-Shock, especially those that stay true to the original concept are a true icon of the wristwatch. Up there with the first Rolex Oyster(and aiming for the same thing), the Longines 30CH flyback chrono, the first quartz watches and a host of others and far more trailblazing and innovative than any "rare" rose gold Patek Philippe with a slightly different handset that goes for a gazillion quid to tasteless hedge fund types. And yep, I said that. And firmly believe it. That you can get all that for under a hundred quid just adds to it. Well may you wear M.

I really need to get a vintage G back in my rotation. I gave away an early second series one ten years back. I. Am. A. Thundering. Gobshíte. Which ye knew already. :pac:

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I remember my supervisor getting one in 93
    Thought it was cool
    I have 4 g's now but I've a 8 3/4" wrist so I love me the modern ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mylesm

Wibbs wrote: »
    For me the Casio G-Shock, especially those that stay true to the original concept are a true icon of the wristwatch. Up there with the first Rolex Oyster(and aiming for the same thing), the Longines 30CH flyback chrono, the first quartz watches and a host of others and far more trailblazing and innovative than any "rare" rose gold Patek Philippe with a slightly different handset that goes for a gazillion quid to tasteless hedge fund types. And yep, I said that. And firmly believe it. That you can get all that for under a hundred quid just adds to it. Well may you wear M.

I really need to get a vintage G back in my rotation. I gave away an early second series one ten years back. I. Am. A. Thundering. Gobshíte. Which ye knew already. :pac:

You Sure do This is a great watch for everyday, Atomic Time synch which has worked for me every night in Dublin,World Time in 49 Citys,Solar Charge etc etc for 83 Euro

Advertisement