Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moto G 5.1 update error: com.motorola.process.system

Options
  • 25-10-2015 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

Updated to 5.1 yesterday
    On rebooting the process stopped and the message com.motorola.process.system has stopped came up with an option to hit 'OK'.

Now I've found a 'fix' online for this but in my case, this hasn't worked.

Apparently, this error is coming up for people who are updating around the change to daylight savings time.

The online fix is to:
    Go to settings, date & time.
    Switch “Automatic” off.
    Set timezone to some INCORRECT timezone ( say Greenland )
    Switch “Automatic” on.

I've done this and it didn't work.

The difficulty I've had and that I don't see online is that everytime I hit 'OK' on this message, the message box reappears within 200-300 milliseconds. So as soon as I hit 'OK', the message instantly reappears. Unlocking the phone is a nightmare and I can't use it to do anything because this message keeps reappearing...

I've tried booting to safe mode but have the same problem.
    As the phone reboots, it starts upgrading apps and then the message appears.
    I've also noticed that my 'clock' app is missing from my homescreen AND from the apps screen... leading me to think that this really does have something to do with Time and Date settings.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any other fixes?

Haven't tried the factory reset yet, trying to avoid it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Updated to 5.1 yesterday
    On rebooting the process stopped and the message com.motorola.process.system.......Any other fixes?

Haven't tried the factory reset yet, trying to avoid it.

Have you tried installing the Google clock app from the Play Store? It seems to update/replace the base clock app on my X, so maybe it could fix your problem.

Also try clearing the data for the clock app, from the Settings>Apps section.

Another thing to try is clearing the entire cache partition from fastboot using a PC and adb/fastboot commands. (It will take a while to boot after doing this as it needs to optimise all the apps again.)

Beyond that, a factory reset is the only option, but that should be last resort of course.

Advertisement