Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature student HND grant questsions

Options
  • 25-10-2015 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi folks, sorry if this is all a bit convoluted but I don't really know where I could go to talk about my situation.

Having worked the past 3 years, I've decided I'd like to try to get back to education, and am looking in to returning to college. I did a level 8 course after I left school, but ended up leaving in my first year in the second semester and moving back home, then going on to do a FETAC level 5 before entering into the workforce.

I qualified for the grant back when I did both of those courses, but the course I'm wanting to do this time around (Music Production in BCFE) is a HND, and I'm not 100% sure how those are assessed in terms of maintenance grants.

I'm also 24 now, which is old enough to do the course as a mature student, but I'm not sure if this will have any impact on my grant application, or if there are any grants or support available for mature students for HND courses.

I would be eternally grateful if anyone could help, even pointing me in the right direction for finding out more information would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisement