Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade from D3200?

Options
  • 25-10-2015 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi everyone,

I'm htinking about upgrading from my D3200 and was wondering if anyone would have any advice. I like to do wildlife photography, so ideally I'd need a camera with a fast frame rate and good ISO performance, as well as an in-built crop factor (i.e. DX) any advice?

Cheers,
    S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

In crop sensors, if you have the budget then the latest Nikon or Canon?

If you already have the Nikon lenses you want, then the D7200 might be the one. If you don't have the lenses then Canon's 7D MkII with it's 10fps seems to be the wildlife camera of choice for many.

The Nikon is considerably cheaper than the Canon

http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon-EOS-7D-Mark-II-vs-Nikon-D7200/detailed

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Zooki1

Hey there,

I agree with Ben D Bus on the D7200. I work for Nikons costumer service and can tell you that it would be a very good update from your D3200.

ISO performance should be better than the D3200 but still not as great as an FX Sensor.
    But the buffer of the D7200 increased a lot from the D7100, so if you don't shoot in NEF you will have a great frame rate with this camera. In NEF you still should get 5 or 6 pictures in a series.

I think you would be happy with that upgrade. I really like the D7200.

But of course if you considering to change the brand the Canon 7D Mk II would be a pretty good option as well. But there are many other great makers out there to consider.

Advertisement