Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commencing OCG exam 10 years after getting a B in the Ordinary Level Leaving Cert

Options
  • 25-10-2015 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all. I was wondering how feasible it would be for me to try and sit the OCG exam in March 2016. It has been almost a decade since I studied Irish at Leaving Cert level and I got a B at Ordinary Level. I have been advised by a fellow teacher to wait until 2017 to sit it. But I just want to try and make a start with it, considering I'll probably find it much harder to get a job otherwise.

I'm working in the UK at the moment and realistically won't be able to start studying until I come back to Ireland after Christmas. I was thinking of giving myself 3 months to knuckle down and at least try and pass one or two modules in March 2016 and then repeat any exams that I have failed in August. I've also been fairly good at languages but didn't have a great LC teacher, so decided to stick with Ordinary Level at the time.

Am I mad to try and sit it after three months of study?? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

smittykins wrote: »
    Hi all. I was wondering how feasible it would be for me to try and sit the OCG exam in March 2016. It has been almost a decade since I studied Irish at Leaving Cert level and I got a B at Ordinary Level. I have been advised by a fellow teacher to wait until 2017 to sit it. But I just want to try and make a start with it, considering I'll probably find it much harder to get a job otherwise.

I'm working in the UK at the moment and realistically won't be able to start studying until I come back to Ireland after Christmas. I was thinking of giving myself 3 months to knuckle down and at least try and pass one or two modules in March 2016 and then repeat any exams that I have failed in August. I've also been fairly good at languages but didn't have a great LC teacher, so decided to stick with Ordinary Level at the time.

Am I mad to try and sit it after three months of study?? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!

There's a thread on it here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=89520041

Advertisement