Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Upholstry

Options
  • 25-10-2015 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭

Where is the best place to get seats refurbished and carpets made up?

I have just bought another W124 but this one is unusual as its a 4x4 and the carpets are different to 2wd cars cuz the floorpan is different. The interior is absolutely shagged and needs a lot of love and it has some very rare options, one of which is electric, memory, heated sports leather seats with adjustable, memory steering column ..... Anyway I need new seat covers and carpets and MB want a second mortgage and both testicles in exchange for the items I need!

So, where do I go to get what I need or should I go to the UK?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

These guys don't list the W124 on their website (http://cabrio.de/khm/en/), as they mostly do older Mercedes models, but you might give them a call to see (they usually have someone who can speak english on the phone).

Alternatively, if they don't have the W124 (especially the 4WD) on their pattern-list, and you can afford the time to have the car off the road (or use spare seats in it), you can send them the old carpets and seat covers for copying.

However, their prices may not be much lower than MB themselves - they supply the MB Classic Centre with carpets and seat materials, and they have the original MB machinery that MB themselves used in the 1960's for stamping the patterns and perforations - their W113 (Pagoda) seat covers are indistinguishable from the originals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭w124man

Hi, thanks for the reply. The car is off the road until its finished .... could be years!!

I was hoping to use a local supplier for various reasons but I can see the quality of these guys - remember I saw a Pagoda you guys did, however, I doubt if a 4matic will be worth 5% of what a Pagoda will be worth!

I believe theres a few candidates in Santry, Kilkenny and also in Co. Meath. Anyone know anything about them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Nolan Autocare, near the Old Naas Road might also suit...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

I've used the guys in kilkenny,their work is top quality and reasonably priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

hi5 wrote: »

I've seen there work and think it's top notch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭w124man

Thanks guys. This is what I want to hear!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Type 17 wrote: »
    Nolan Autocare, near the Old Naas Road might also suit...

I agree, but they are too good and are no longer open to the public, trade customers only

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

hi5 wrote: »

Is this A&T Autostyle? Cos I'm going to need the services of an upholsterer as well, in the not too distant future I hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Yes, that's them.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭irshmerc

I had front seats done at A & T earlier this year, seats from a BMW 6 series, no messing with these fellas, great job and he called me to say they were done when he said he would.

Good Luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

Great...thanks folks, if I could be as complimentary about the lad that is doing the shell the upholstery would have been done ages ago!..:(

Advertisement