Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawrence 4 man canoe info

Options
  • 25-10-2015 3:01pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all this is a little project I will be doing up over the winter and I'm hoping to get a bit of info on it if possible, I believe it was built by Ernest Lawrence and he had some connection to the scouts in north Co.Dublin and also had a business called "Lawrence canoes and kayaks" in the 70's & 80's but I can't seem to find much info on this 4 man one so any help would be great. There is a 3 man one on adverts.ie called a Dingo maybe this one had the same name. She is in a bit of a state but as she is Irish made I think she deserves a new life, so again any help with her or of Ernest will add to the story :)

20151025_132908_zpsavaurl7p.jpg

20151025_132953_zpseparjwnv.jpg

20151025_133011_zpsanhptfsp.jpg

Also if anyone has one of these could you please post a photo of the cover that fits here. Thanks

20151025_132936_zpsbseit1sl.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Ernie pass away within the last few years. I think Mark Downey, The canoe centre / Rough stuff bought some or all his licences. Or try talk to Tony Maher, Kemakraft, also involved with SLCC in Leixlip, he worked with Ernie during that time frame.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Hello again, has anyone any idea of what type of hatch cover goes over the last pic, if you have a photo it would be a great help. Thanks

Advertisement