Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is the best place to get used PC parts in Ireland?

Options
  • 25-10-2015 10:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

As the title says, is there another answer other than ebay and amazon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭AntDub

Adverts.ie ( best chose someone who had good feedback ) or Donedeal.

I'd lean more towards adverts tbh, at least you can get some kind of idea who you're dealing with from their feedback rating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ShadowR34per

I tried adverts, they only sell PCs and the USED parts are overpriced

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Depends what you're after, there are definitely well priced parts if you've patience

Im after a GTX 970, i7 2600k and a P67 Mobo

The nVidia cards arent well priced on adverts, I'd just get a new one so you've a warranty.

Why do you want such an old CPU?

• Advertisement

The sandy bridge i7s are still great CPUs, and I want to get an i7 for the price of an i5

I know, but the CPUs and motherboards are coming up on 5 years old at this point, is it worth the hassle with such old stuff. There's nothing wrong with them, but all stock is rare, and old.

Have you looked at a Haswell Xeon?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

The sandy bridge i7s are still great CPUs, and I want to get an i7 for the price of an i5

They are still decent, that's why you won't pick them up for pennys on adverts. Have a look at the sold listings on adverts for an idea of what the actual selling price is as opposed to what people are listing them at

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Tun_80

If you can wait Amazon has brilliant value on gpu's around Christmas, if your looking for a 970 I can recommend the Evga 970 ssc, only got it a few days ago, paid €390 but I'm sure itl be cheaper in December, the thing is a beast and evga's stuff just feel so much more built to last than allot of other brands.

Advertisement