Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Charge point in a disabled parking bay

Options
  • 24-10-2015 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I went to use the charge point at the North Wall Quay in Dublin yesterday. There are 2 slots, one was in use, but to use the other slot I would have had to park in a disabled parking spot.

Am I allowed to park there if charging? Seems a bit pointless to have 2 points but only 1 parking spot.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hi,

I went to use the charge point at the North Wall Quay in Dublin yesterday. There are 2 slots, one was in use, but to use the other slot I would have had to park in a disabled parking spot.

Am I allowed to park there if charging? Seems a bit pointless to have 2 points but only 1 parking spot.

I would imagine you would get clamped if you left the car unattended.
    If you need a charge I'd plug in and park but sit in the car while doing so just incase you need to move etc

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

Only in Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mark74

Disabled people need to charge too...!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

The same situation exists in Dundrum town center.

They only marked two bays for EV charging but there are four sockets.
    One of them faced a disabled bay, I was caught a bit short one day because of the glenageary rapid being down and had to use that bay. Explained myself and left my number with the information desk.

Since then ESB have switched off the socket facing towards that bay.

Advertisement