Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So, why no Luke in the marketing?

• 23-10-2015 10:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭

Something that I have found very interesting that.I'm sure we have all noticed is the lack of Luke in the poster/trailer. So what do we think, there is a rumour going around that Luke is
    a sith
    but I'm not sure do I believe that because I have first hand info that I can't say what it is that would pretty much kill that theory dead (I can't say what it is for fear of giving away the source as he/she is a friend and they happened to be working on this particular scene).

One thing that I will give JJ Abrahams is that he really can build marketing so it really is an astonishing choice to play it this way. Can't say he's doing it wrong either as everyone is buzzing about the film.

Personally given what I know above I reckon
    he's in the film very little or maybe even wounded early on.

So any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

ziedth wrote: »
    I can't say what it is that would pretty much kill that theory dead (I can't say what it is for fear of giving away the source as he/she is a friend and they happened to be working on this particular scene

Lol, i don't think jj is going to be reading this thread, so go on and spill your beans..

Just remember the spoiler tags, least it be in any way similar to the story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Lol, i don't think jj is going to be reading this thread, so go on and spill your beans..

Just remember the spoiler tags, least it be in any way similar to the story

Ha ha, fair point but to be fair to my friend he begged me not to say anything and he worked like I said he worked on this particular scene he claims that if it got it back to people involved it could really hurt him with future work . While it does sound fairly far fetched and I I would generally hate this "I know something but can't tell you" kind of thing but I'll respect his wishes. It's not that exciting and of anyone really wants to know drop me a PM and if you have a decent enough posting history on the site I'll tell you but I can't stress enough how it's barely a spoiler just a scene that would seem to kill the theory I mentioned in the OP.

Edit: also, for full disclosure I use the term friend very loosely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

There are some rather heavy rumors circulating that Luke is
    Kylo Ren
    and as such does indeed have a rather serious part and has
    been in all of the trailers after all

It does kind of make sense in a way and could potentually exceed the shock of:

'No, I am your father'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I have to say if that turns out to be a case I think it would be brilliant and very very brave. The backlash would be amazing too, he got enough grief for Star trek but that would leave that for dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

I agree, it would be a natural progression to the
    family dark / light dilemma.
    Equally it may appease some of those that feel that everything in the extended universe books were just dismissed.

There are however a couple of bits that make me shed some doubt on this

1/
    Adam Driver is cast for the role
    - but this could just be a JJ ruse.
    2/ There is another huge rumour doing the rounds
    that Han gets killed by Kylo. If this is indeed Luke it would be beyond ginormous.

• Advertisement
Advertisement