Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst place to work in Ireland

Options
  • 23-10-2015 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Is their a forum to discuss Employee exploitation by some Companies. I have had a terrible experience working for a OEM Equipment manufacturer. I was informed that my services were no longer required after 3 Years of hard graft in Sales. I was not made redundant. I should have seen the signs. Constant cash flow and product supply problems. Complete disregard from senior management for company and employment law regarding the employee.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Thread moved from E&BM

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Power21stC wrote: »
    Is their a forum to discuss Employee exploitation by some Companies. I have had a terrible experience working for a OEM Equipment manufacturer. I was informed that my services were no longer required after 3 Years of hard graft in Sales. I was not made redundant. I should have seen the signs. Constant cash flow and product supply problems. Complete disregard from senior management for company and employment law regarding the employee.

Were you not achieving your sales targets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

There are various websites. Glassdoor springs to mind. However these are more aimed at large corporates and the professional sectors.

To be honest sales people are the first to know if the company is crap or they're not working out. Good sales people are also able (and do) walk from job to Job. All companies have a 'golden age' for sales people. It either comes and goes or you go :pac: It's the same for promotion opportunities.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Power21stC

I always achieved my Targets and growth Expectations. The Company changed my remuneration without Consultation or Agreement. I effectively would mean that I would earn considerably less for the same revenue achieved. In effect I was paid a % of revenue commission on top of my salary. This was Changed to A % on growth in revenue. I made my objections to the powers to be and noticed a complete attitude change toward me from senior management.

Par for the course I'm afraid. No point in complaining, just move on to pastures new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Power21stC

Thanks Mark,
    Its that hard done by feeling. I went to a Solicitor and he said that the Company violated both Labour and Employee law by changing my terms with out due discussion and agreement. You are right however, move on is the attitude.

Power21stC wrote: »
    Thanks Mark,
    Its that hard done by feeling. I went to a Solicitor and he said that the Company violated both Labour and Employee law by changing my terms with out due discussion and agreement. You are right however, move on is the attitude.

Sorry I don't mean to blase about it. I just learned the hard way that a company owes no loyalty to you and you none to the company. If they want happy, productive, ethical sales people they'll pay properly, train and follow up on complaints. Generally these companies will have reasonable products, reasonable after sales and relatively happy customers. Many business work on fecking everyone in sight then wondering why they fold and the employees are robbing them blind even if it's just the toilet rolls.

You'll see a typical attitude from directors who'll probably be on their 15th company. Really these people should be barred for life directorships but there we go.

Advertisement