Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How long is the wait for getting a driving license when applying in person

Options
  • 23-10-2015 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi, I am applying for renewal of driving license, I have booked an appointment in the Santry centre to get it. My problem is I have a flight to catch at 5pm and the appointment is at 2.45pm on the same day. Is this enough time for them to do all the processing that they need to do. Are they generally on time with appointments or is appointment time more of a ball park figure.
    Thnks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

it only took about 15 mins when my missus did it.
    she applied on the 15th and got it in the post this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

If you reckon you might still be under time pressure, you can go in at any time. There are walk-in slots available and a lot of people on the forum report that they are turned around quickly enough. What the NDLS advise is to head in early as possible and be prepared that you may end up waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Delira

Go early! As early as you can! Don't leave it to chance. if there's anyone free they'll see you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 home1

Great, Thanks for the information - I'm flying into Dublin at 10am so I might go straight there and try to get done a little earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

OP, you do realize that they won't hand the new license to you there and then, don't you? They will post it out to you. From the way you phrased your post, it sounds like you think you will get it there and then. That is not the cases since they introduced the new format.

• Advertisement
Advertisement