Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in NI paid in Euro, taxed by ROI should be owed the bank holiday?

Options
  • 22-10-2015 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Essentially what the title says, I feel as if I'm being shafted with this. I'm paid in Euro and pay tax in euro but im living in NI for the next few months - I'm missing out on the bank holiday this Monday. Would I be right to say I am owed a holiday?

Would appreciate insight, I'm just trying to get my head around it. I've checked for the period I'll be here and I wont get back a bank holiday in terms of NI having one and not ROI.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭mitresize5

where is your company domiciled?

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

Have you asked your employer? That would be the easiest thing - they should give you a day off in lieu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 AhhMang

mitresize5 wrote: »
    where is your company domiciled?

Company is based in Dublin!

I asked my line manager and was told no by her, however alot of other staff said I should just take it not sure what to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭mitresize5

Id check your contract but if your paid in euro and your company is based in Dublin I expect you are covered by Irish company law and unless explicitly stated in your contract entitled to Irish bank holidays. Which means in this case you are entitled to the day off, a day off in lieu or an additional days pay.

There are companies in Ireland that service exclusively foreign markets and they tend to get the bank holidays associated with the country they serve but this is written into peoples employment contract.

Advertisement