Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenovo 7" Tablet in Lidl

Options
  • 22-10-2015 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

I see that Lidl are doing a Lenovo 7" Tab 2 A 7-10 next week
    anyone know if the €100 is good value for this?
    is it an OK tablet for the price? (I realise that it is not a high power processor etc.)
    see http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?id=629

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

I see it has received lollipop
    https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht101396

but 1GB RAM and 8GB internal memory?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

It is a bit low on memory.
    I think this is the same one for US$108.99 + 0.45 shipping (and VAT!!)
    http://www.banggood.com/Lenovo-TAB-2-A7-10-MTKMT8127-Quad-Core-7-Inch-Android-4_4-Tablet-p-972523.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

• Registered Users Posts: 12,963 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Old thread, but Lidl has the same tablet on special from today, €99.99.
    They also have 64GB μSD cards for €24.99, though the tablet spec says 32GB max?

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

bnt wrote: »
    Old thread, but Lidl has the same tablet on special from today, €99.99.
    They also have 64GB μSD cards for €24.99, though the tablet spec says 32GB max?

Gadgets like phone's and tablets nowadays usually do work with cards the next size up above the stated capacity, so I'd say you'd be safe enough with a 64GB microSD in the Lenovo. I'd be more worried that the card is a rebrand of some spurious cheap make to be honest, than its capacity. The card at Lidl is branded Silvercrest, so no idea who made it.
    You can get more established brands of whom the maker is known and reputable like Sandisk, Samsung etc., for cheaper off the likes of Anazon TBH.
    e.g. Anazon example

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Larger cards can work, but can also lead to corruption as the controller may not know what its doing. Don't put anything valuable there without extensive testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IRCA

Hi, Managed to get this for €69.99 in Argos a couple of months agao and pretty happy with it.

Charges quickly and the screen is very good for watching filmon,KODI, youtube etc...

Memory is a bit limited but basic operations not too much of an issue- in terms of storage definitely get a 32 GB SD card (get one on ebay for around €10) as it does fill up pretty quickly.

FYI: You can also pick up a 7 inch case in Heatons for €4.50 that works well with it!

Overall, very happy for the price and would recommend it - but NOT @ €99.99 - you can get it cheaper if you look around

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I have a Lenovo phone that says it only supports up to 32GB cards but am currently using a 64GB card with it.

I did a little reading and it turns out that phone will only format cards up to 32GB, and you can format a 64GB card in a PC and then use it. (I think it has to be formatted as FAT32 rather than exFAT).

I can't say the same will work with this tablet, but if you do get the tablet and the 64GB card, try formatting it in a PC before use.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

stevenmu wrote: »
    I have a Lenovo phone that says it only supports up to 32GB cards but am currently using a 64GB card with it.

I did a little reading and it turns out that phone will only format cards up to 32GB, and you can format a 64GB card in a PC and then use it. (I think it has to be formatted as FAT32 rather than exFAT).

I can't say the same will work with this tablet, but if you do get the tablet and the 64GB card, try formatting it in a PC before use.

Ĵust wanted to add something I encountered a while ago when trying to format a 64GB memory as FAT32 on a Windows 10 PC. Basically Windows 10 wouldn't do it and kept trying to format it as exFAT. The FAT32 option wasn't even available in the format dialogue box.

It was a memory key belonging to a neighbour who had already formatted it as exFAT, and when they tried using it to play mp3s on their car stereo it wouldn't work. In the end the only way that I could get it formatted as FAT32 was to use an on-the-go adaptor and do it with my Android phone.

Don't know if this applies to other Windows editions, but 10 seems to make this job nigh impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Use a third party tool:
    FAT / FAT32 itself can handle up to 16TB hard drives and up to 2TB are supported in most operating systems. Microsoft has set a 32GB partition size limit for the FAT / FAT32 file system to promote NTFS, which is generally more efficient when working with large partitions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭aidanodr

If you can go to Lidl in the North you will get it cheaper than the €99.99 they are charging here:

https://twitter.com/lidl_ni/status/765480707808456704

http://www.lidl-ni.co.uk/en/Offers.htm?id=789

ST£69.99 is about €80 at the moment ( exchange rate 1 British Pound equals 1.15 Euro at the moment )

Advertisement