Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50% off everything in Mountain Warehouse

Options
  • 22-10-2015 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

I was in yesterday and it was 50% off everything in store. I thought it might only be one day but I see their website is showing it still so possibly it's still going today.

The shop was in Blanch and I got about €400 worth of gear for €200.
    Some very nice clothing for winter in there. I now have a new favourite jumper and lots of other brilliant stuff. This is everything in store, even shoes/boots and socks. Hell, even bug spray!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Is there an irish website for buying online? Can ney find one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Main site delivers to Ireland. Free on orders over £50 sterling;
    http://www.mountainwarehouse.com/delivery-w43.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭brevity

Filled up the shopping basket on the website, hovering over the checkout button.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Staplor

Was in blanch just now, gotta love the sales in that place, picked up a couple of fleeces, just what I need at this time of year.

All the shoes etc. were all half price too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭KomradeBishop

I recommend not buying anything from this brand - you get what you pay for.

I got an order from their sales last year, and the inlining of the double-lined socks just ripped apart after a few wears, the synthetic clothes I got don't stay fresh when wearing, and the first time you wash the fleece it will bobble up quite badly (though that might not bother people).

If you're just looking to keep warm around the house though (rather than use the clothes for hiking or such), they can be a good cheap option for that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Fine if you are looking for fashion quality clothes but if your going anywhere near a mountain then get decent gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

They have some decent backbacks. I got a ventura day bag, been hiking with it about 15 times. Very happy with it. So I wouldnt say avoid completely. I also like their isocool tops for jogging/hiking

Edit, i do remember the day i was getting that bag, a lady was in returning a fleece that bobbled up after one wash. So i guess some stuff is ok... Some not

• Registered Users Posts: 65,221 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I have never paid more than half price for anything in Mountain Warehouse.

That is harsh. At half price (or less), most of their stuff is good value, particularly compared with other B&M shops like the ridiculously overpriced 53 degrees north and most others shops at that

I bought a €235 altitude jacket there last year for €95 and at that price it was a steal. And yes, I did use it hiking most of Wicklow's highest peaks, mostly off track and mostly in brutal windy / wet / wintery conditions and it held up great. 100% wind and waterproof yet breathable. You'd need to fork out at least the likes of €250 - €300 from one of the better known brands to get a similarly good winter hiking jacket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭KomradeBishop

Perhaps it's a little harsh alright - I'm sure there are some good pickings in among the items they sell - but you don't know the quality of what you get until you fork out the money in the first place, and they are a brand known for bad quality.

For the items that people have bought and know are a good buy though, and where the quality holds up, this is the perfect place to link such items - would still be interested in the few good pickings from them, so long as others can vouch for quality of specific items.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I can't comment on how good for hikking the stuff is. I was really just looking for warm casual wear and saw the sign so headed in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,034 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I got an order from their sales last year, and the inlining of the double-lined socks just ripped apart after a few wears, the synthetic clothes I got don't stay fresh when wearing, and the first time you wash the fleece it will bobble up quite badly (though that might not bother people).

If you're just looking to keep warm around the house though (rather than use the clothes for hiking or such), they can be a good cheap option for that.

I've bought a LOT of stuff from them (I'm always cold :o) and have only been unhappy with 2 things. One was a pair of shoes with no shock absorption at all and just too uncomfortable to wear - my review was mysteriously removed from the website.. The other was a €100 rain coat that started to rip at the velcro cuff things after two weeks - brought it back and got a refund, walked over to SportsWorld to try Karrimor sizes....then bought it on SportsDirect :pac: No problems with anything else.

BTW there's ALWAYS a sale on - i'm sure their prices are marked up to reflect this so always wait if you see something you want full prices. You can have them order stuff in the shop so you don't pay shipping and your receipt gets you a discount for your next purchase AND you can bring your dog in lol!! :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭p225886

Another 10% off all stock today. Big banner on the roundabount in westend blanchardstown.

And 20% today... I imagine that's off regular prices and not on top of the 50% though?

Saruman wrote: »
    And 20% today... I imagine that's off regular prices and not on top of the 50% though?

Nope, it is off the 50% price. Picked up a flask there a few days ago. Price was €19.99. Half price was €9.99. Got it for €7.99

Oh wow, very nice. Might be worth popping in again....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Bump

https://www.mountainwarehouse.com/

50% sale on here again.

Avail of the favorable sterling>Euro exchange rate on their .com site with free delivery to Parcel Motel etc for purchases over 50 GBP.

Extra 20% off too with code ADVENTURE , works on sales items also,

Some great deals to be had!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

How to return if you buy from their online site? is it free returns, can I drop it in store or do I have to pay? They seem to have weird sizes that go up to 3XL.

That always throws me, because then M is XS or S usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Anyone know if this is in store too? Was thinking of heading up to blanch for some ski gear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭amber2

https://www.mountainwarehouse.com/eu/

There's a Euro site with free delivery over €60 & €5 postage under, there's also a store in Tralee not sure if the 50% off applies in store. You can make free returns in store but if you choose to Post returns £3.00 charge is deducted & postage costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭alowe

I bought items online in sterling last year, and returned to their blanch store. They would only give me the euro price of them according to their system - they didn't do a conversion rate or refund in sterling. So just beware if you do return and have bought in sterling, you may not get all your money back.

• Advertisement

alowe wrote: »
    I bought items online in sterling last year, and returned to their blanch store. They would only give me the euro price of them according to their system

Opportunity there to make a lot of money :D

Buy at £69, sell at €99 that sort of thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭nc6000

Is the stuff from here good quality? I might pick up a fleece top or too. Would they be better quality than Craghoppers?

No and no.

But at 50% off and then a further 20% off, things are very good value indeed. Think of it as a Penneys for the outdoors :p

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭wolfeye

Picked up a few pairs of the Terrain shorts the beginning of the summer.
    Virtually lived in them..Top notch shorts.
    On par with more expensive brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

The reviews on the site are very good for many items, are they fake?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

how are the fittings ? ie for a jacket is xl proper XL or best to go to 2xl ?

Suckit wrote: »
    The reviews on the site are very good for many items, are they fake?

I'd say the are real. Pretty decent gear for the money (provided you get it at half price). No surprise the buyers are happy with what they bought. Just like people generally happy buying clothes in Penneys, Dunnes, cars from Hyundai, Kia, Dacia, etc.
    how are the fittings ? ie for a jacket is xl proper XL or best to go to 2xl ?

I find the fittings pretty spot on. I'm XL (on top) and all their XL gear I bought like jackets / t-shirts / fleeces etc. fit me fine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Cheers folks, took a punt on Ultimate Inflatable Camp Mat and a few items.

They might as well stop all camp mat development, this is the final boss of that technology. Or I hope so at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Julabo

I have a rain jacket from here. Wanted light and breathable but water proof. Does all this.

Also a winter hoody which is incredibly warm.

Bought both in Canada. Had never heard of the shop. Now popping up all over the uk & ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Julabo wrote: »
    Bought both in Canada. Had never heard of the shop. Now popping up all over the uk & ireland
    That's a different crew altogether I think ...

Where you got your stuff was probably Mountain Equipment Coop, or MEC, www.mec.ca which sells excellent stuff by all accounts.

There's also a UK/US based Mountain Equipment brand www.mountainequipment.co.uk which is something else altogether.

Mountain Warehouse started off as the retail arm of Karrimor International (which bears little to no relation to the original iconic Karrimor brand) selling cheap "outdoor" gear to the masses.

Advertisement