Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bookies that will take any bet ?

Options
  • 22-10-2015 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

i am looking to make a bet on sage northcutt it was his ufc debut a few weeks ago
    but i want to make a bet saying he will be champ within 4 years
    i emailed paddy power who replied we do not cover that market sorry
    and william hill who didnt reply
    so if anyone knows a bookies that would take a bet like that
    please let me know thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

You might be better actually calling into a bookies and asking. 16 years ago I done a bet in paddy power that my newly born daughter would represent Ireland at an internationally recognised sport before her 25th birthday. They gave me 100/1 but I was only allowed put £5 on it. They will take bets on most things if you present yourself at the counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭mark085

thanks for the reply
    any luck on that bet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Not so far. Unless being a petulant 16 year old girl is counted as a sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Nothing showing for this as yet, only 2016.
    for a 4 yr time-frame, you'd be as well seeking standard 5% investment.

i.e. A = P(1+r/n)^nt

So your initial $10,000 would mean $12,155 compounded for a 'party bunga-bunga good-times' weekend somewhere in 2020
    - that is, if asteroid 2015 TB145 doesn't touch down between now and then.

Then again there was a young chap called Rory that showed an interest in golf-stick-ball and someone had a small wager on him doing well

• Registered Users Posts: 14,364 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I have a feeling the price you would get on Sage winning a title within 4 years would be miniscule. Definitely odds on anyway.

He's the type of fighter that will fight a lot during the year, so a few quick wins in a row and he'll get a title shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭mark085

He is unreal at only 19 aswell he has some amount of worl titles

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

if your on twitter the tweet @ladbrokes with the hash tag #whataretheodds. Hills used to be good at this sort of stuff too.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭NickMondo

Someone I know got a request on for Gunnar Nelson to win a title next year at 25s.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

NickMondo wrote: »
    Someone I know got a request on for Gunnar Nelson to win a title next year at 25s.

should have been 250/1

Advertisement