Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CompTIA a+ certification

Options
  • 21-10-2015 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭

Hi,

hoping this is the right place, can't seem to find clear information online and hoping one of you gents/ladies can help me out,

I sat the CompTIA exams 2 years ago (March 2013). I passed the 220-701 but failed the 220-702. It's now become a requirement again for the line of work I do,

My question to you is, since Jan 2013 the certificate will only last 3 years, is the 701 pass still valid? can i just sit the updated 220-802 or do I have to sit both exams again?

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

major bill wrote: »
    Hi,

hoping this is the right place, can't seem to find clear information online and hoping one of you gents/ladies can help me out,

I sat the CompTIA exams 2 years ago (March 2013). I passed the 220-701 but failed the 220-702. It's now become a requirement again for the line of work I do,

My question to you is, since Jan 2013 the certificate will only last 3 years, is the 701 pass still valid? can i just sit the updated 220-802 or do I have to sit both exams again?

thanks in advance.

Hi. I have just completed the CompTIA A+ 800 Series. According to my the certificate the certification period is up to 2018, so the certification period is for 3 Years I think.

Just when we were finishing, we were being told that they a starting into a 900 Series of the exams next year (got to make money out of new books and videos somehow!) so you will most likely have to do both exams I would say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Thanks for the Information! ive booked the 801 so gonna sit the two exams.

Advertisement